Creatives and their businesses are continually growing and getting embraced, with the creator economy emerging among the top fastest-growing small businesses. Also, there is some great news for digital-first creatives following Visa’s new program, the Visa Creator Program. However, what is it, and what does this unveiling mean to creatives?
The Visa Creator Program; What is It?
This is a program recently unveiled by payment giant Visa. It is geared toward helping creatives use NFTs (non-fungible tokens) to build their small businesses. There are so many individuals in the field of art, from musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers to artists. All of them have an opportunity to benefit from NFTs once they employ them in their business models. Notably, this new move aims at helping them expand their operations through the help of NFTs.
The head of the crypto at Visa, Cuy Sheffield, said in a statement, “NFTs have the potential to become a powerful accelerator for the creator economy.” Furthermore, he went ahead to say, “Through the Visa Creator Program, we want to help this new breed of small and micro businesses tap into new mediums for digital commerce.”
Moreover, the Visa Creator Program has cycles, each of which handles a select group of entrepreneurs who want to understand platforms underpinning NFTs deeply and the tech bit of all this. So, what happens when the creatives join the program? They will understand more about crypto commerce, and become well conversant with it.
The Key Areas of the Initiative
Visa says that the Creator Program is a 1-year immersion into the NFT space. Also, this initiative that aims at supporting creatives build their businesses with NFTs mainly focuses on 5 key areas. These are;
- Technical and Product mentorship; Here, creatives will learn much from Visa’s team in charge of crypto product and strategy leaders. Besides, they will cover topics like the NFT marketplace, evaluating tradeoffs between blockchain networks and smart contracts.
- Community Building; creators will get the opportunity to exchange ideas with other creators. Moreover, through this community, they will be able to learn how to solve problems. Also, this community of creators will help them grow in their NFT journey.
- Access to Thought Leaders; Creators will access thought leaders in different markets like crypto, digital commerce, payments, and the web.
- Exposure to Visa’s Partners and Clients; Visa will allow creatives to access its clients and partners.
- A One-time stipend; Visa will give this to creatives to make it easier for them to start their next step of growing their businesses.
Read: Bitcoin vs. NFTs
NFTs and the Creator Economy
According to a statement made by the Visa head of crypto, Cuy Sheffield, NFTS have a great potential in hastening the growth of the creator economy, whose current market estimated size goes beyond $100 billion.
So, what do all these mean to the creatives?
Creatives With NFTs; What’s the Impact?
The Visa Creator Program is an amazing opportunity for creatives to grow their small businesses. Visa is ready to help the small and micro businesses in the creator economy take advantage of new mediums of conducting digital commerce, as evident in Cuy’s statement.
Therefore, the future seems bright for creatives who Visa will help build their businesses with NFTs. Its approach to accelerating its economy is evident in the steps it has already taken.
The Visa Creator Participants
Up until now, some creatives have already ventured into Visa’s initiative of the Creator Program. Among the first participants is Micah Johnson, the second baseman of Major League Baseball. He launched Aku, his NFT character. The good news is that Visa has a lot in store for the creator economy. Therefore, creatives should take advantage of this initiative which has immense support in store for them.
Other articles that you would also like: